How to delete/change certificate order?

Hi,
For all 3

1 main domain with 2 addons domain(sub-domains)

Tks

And, for those two addon domains, are you trying to obtain the certificate as lesbricollesdecleo.ca and lesbricoles.com? Or as lesbricollesdecleo.lesbricollesdecleo.com and lesbricoles.lesbricollesdecleo.com?

(Actually the latter makes no sense, since the primary function to add a addon domain is to not show the website as a subdomain of the primary domain)

Hi,

This is what I wrote in the link box:

lesbricollesdecleo.lesbricollesdecleo.com lesbricoles.lesbricollesdecleo.com
lesbricollesdecleo.com

I checked my cpanel to see how they were showing

Hi,

I do think you actually will want to write lesbricoles.com, www.lesbricoles.com, lesbricollesdecleo.ca, www.lesbricollesdecleo.ca and lesbricollesdecleo.com, www.lesbricollesdecleo.com

(To ensure the best coverage and dismiss the certificate error when you visit the two addon domains)

All the hostnames above

Thank you

Hi,

So I have to start over again?

Itā€™s really not easy to understand,

Thank you very much for your patience!

Monique-Cleo

Hi @Monique-Cleo

it looks good. But it doesn't work.

So first create a file (file name 1234) in /.well-known/acme-challenge, so you can check if you can load this file via browser:

http://lesbricollesdecleo.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/1234

Perhaps you have some additional redirects.

If this works, try to get a certificate with only one name. So it's simpler.

Ok but if I get the certificate for only one name will it be ok for the other 2

Also you wrote:

first create a file (file name 1234) in /.well-known/acme-challenge

Do you mean I create it with something like notepad and upload that file in the folder?

I think I'm getting a little tired :frowning:
Tks

Yes, exact.

If you have only one root directory, this test file should be visible from every domain.

If you have different root directories, then you must use the correct root directory - per domain.

And if there are wrong redirects, these redirects may be the problem.

If you have cPanel: Isn't there an integrated solution? This is often the best solution.

Ok here is the directory,

acme2

So public_html is my main site lesbricollesdecleo.com
lesbricollesdecleo.ca is not showing because the domain is pointing to the same files of the main domain in the catalog folder
lesbricoles.com is showing but itā€™s only different theme files in it and that one is also pointing to the catalog folder for all the files.

Hope I am explaining it ok, I am using opencart with multi-sites feature

Regards,
Monique-Cleo

I don't really know because it's usually support that is doing all the changes for DNS stuff or something similar. I am not familiar with cpanel except for creating sub-directory, addons, etc.
For anything else I just send a request to support.

Regards,
Monique-Cleo

cPanel has a good Letsencrypt support:

If you use sslforfree or other online services, you have to renew your certificates manual. Letsencrypt certificates are only 90 days valide, so you have to repeat these steps every 60 - 85 days.

But cPanel has an integrated renew, so it's done automatic.

@JuergenAuer
I thing it is working ok now

I uploaded a file name 1234.txt containing: yb7WHufvsHD-4fli-pI1CrannxT066e3_2plfzl2pOg.txt

And when I write this in the address bar:
http://www.lesbricollesdecleo.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/1234.txt

and I can see: yb7WHufvsHD-4fli-pI1CrannxT066e3_2plfzl2pOg.txt

So does it mean that it is working ok?

Tks
Monique-Cleo

Do you mean that I can get a certificate with cpanel instead of zerossl.com?

Ok i will check the link you posted and send it to my web host and ask them to offer LetsEncrypt instead of us having to do it with all the problem.

But did I do it the right way above?

Regards,
Monique-Cleo

Yes, this is an integrated solution. You should be able to create a certificate with a click.

Isn't there something like

WHM >> Home >> SSL/TLS >> Manage AutoSSL

Found there

Configuration

Do you mean this in cpanel?

1 Like

My French isnā€™t up to date, but that looks good.

1 Like

Thatā€™s where you would install the certificate after obtain it.

@JuergenAuer has a really good advice, but it would require the web hosting provider to update their cPanel version first (they are using a seemingly outdated version) and install the AutoSSL if they wish.

Thank you

1 Like

Hello,

I wanted to let you know that everything is working perfectly on my 3 sites.
I had to restart the whole process 3 times because in the first request I didnā€™t add the domains the right way,

second time I made a typo error in one of the domain name :frowning: and the last time I was becoming an expert so it went faster.

Because of the help i received here in the forum I was able to do everything all by myself, adding the DNS record, etc.

Finally itā€™s the wildcard certificate that I needed but I had to add some rewrite rules in the .htaccess to force HTTPS and everything is top notch.

I had it check at: whynopadlock.com/ and the result is:

I have just more thing to do itā€™s finding a way to change a link in my header which is pointing to google fonts and apparently it need to be update.

So thank you again for all the good advices and kindness.

Regards,

Monique-Cleo
PS: Do I have to mark it as solved somewhere?

Hey I took chance and they let me post! Probably because I have Letsencrypt install :smile:

1 Like

Happy to read that. https://www.lesbricollesdecleo.com/ now looks good.

Now you don't have a wildcard. It's a cPanel - certificate.

DNS-Name: lesbricollesdecleo.com
DNS-Name: autodiscover.lesbricollesdecleo.com
DNS-Name: cpanel.lesbricollesdecleo.com
DNS-Name: mail.lesbricollesdecleo.com
DNS-Name: webdisk.lesbricollesdecleo.com
DNS-Name: webmail.lesbricollesdecleo.com
DNS-Name: www.lesbricollesdecleo.com

But important: This should work with Auto-renew, so you don't need to do that manual.

Find your mixed content (Ctrl + Shift + I):

http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans

Yes, that's good.

Basic members shouldn't have such a limitation.