How does one change the email associated w/a “Let’s Encrypt” certificate?

How does one change the email associated w/a “Let’s Encrypt” certificate?

My domain is: http://kdverm.myds.me/

I ran this command: {how would I run a CMD? The certificate is being used by my Synology NAS.}

It produced this output: N/A

My web server is (include version): I believe it to be WebDAV 2.4.1-0108

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Linux? v.?

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: N/A?

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Don't know.

1 Like

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community, Ken :slightly_smiling_face:

The email address is actually associated with your ACME account, so modifying it will cause expiration notices and such to be sent to the new email address for all certificates ever issued for that ACME account. You need to use the functionally of your ACME client to make this change. In your case, that's likely the interface panel of your DSM.

https://kb.synology.com/en-my/DSM/help/DSM/AdminCenter/connection_certificate?version=6

1 Like

Also, if not mentioned elsewhere, you should always keep up-to-date the Synology DSM software.

1 Like

@griffin, thank you for the Info. I do keep the Synology DSM software up-to-date. Although I had previously read Certificate | DSM - Synology Knowledge Center info., I looked through it again. I do see the certificate in my Synology DSM software ( Control Panel > Security > Certificate). I do not want to "cause expiration notices and such to be sent to the new email address," so how do I get emails about my current Let's Encrypt certificate to go to a different email address?

I do not see such an option in the DMS software?

Am I understanding you correctly that such a change can only be made via the DMS software?
If not please provide some details about the how-to.
If so then I will contact Synology for assistance.

2 Likes

When you update your ACME account email address through DSM, it will affect all certificates associated with that ACME account, past and future.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.