How do I contact someone direct, inherited a mess how do we sort out?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

Hi,

Please clarify your question.

Thank you

1 Like

This is a community support forum, meaning most people here helping are volunteering their time and expertise. Helping to spread the support load across the community is why this works. Please elaborate on the issues you’re encountering, so that the community can assist.

1 Like

I think we already have an account but obviously no credentials, we have an OVH account referencing a cert from letsencrypt, we have no access to root on ovh, but access to CP and no access to the original cert

I’m thinking of giving up on ovh / letsencrypt and repointing DNS and recreating the site and a proper cert

Hi,

LE is not limited to only one account per domain

Then you'll just need to follow online directions for create a new cert. (If you followed the steps, there'll be nothing block you from getting a new one)

Thank you

3 Likes

And it's also not limited to one cert per domain (although there are rate limits, there can definitely be several valid certificates for the same names at the same time). So there's really nothing to stop just starting over in this kind of situation.

Let’s Encrypt certificates on OVH shared hosting are managed in their control panel as described here:

https://www.ovh.com/world/g1594.ssl_certificates_on_web_hosting_packages

If your certificate doesn’t appear here or you are unable to issue or renew from the OVH control panel, the issue is likely is on OVH’s side, so please contact their support for assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.