Help to Renew Certificate - Urgent!

Hello - I am hoping to renew access to our site’s security certificate which expired today. I do not have backend website or domain access, so appreciate any assistance possible ASAP!

My domain is: www.accountability.org

I ran this command: N/A - certificate has expired

It produced this output: N/A

My web server is (include version): Wordpress

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Wordpress

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Pepper Web

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): I don’t know

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): Not sure

2 Likes

Hi @megan.maher

how do you want to create and install a certificate if you don't have backend access?

Ask someone who has. And your answers are required.

Creating the old certificate -> do that again.

1 Like

Yes - I know I need more information, but am fully lost. I have no idea how to fix this issue to renew our license, and no one on staff currently is able to advise on how we have done this in the past, so any instructions on what to do are appreciated.

We have Wordpress 5.5 and I have now gotten into the admin view there. Can I update from Wordpress?

Again, anyone that can support for us to renew for www.accountability.org is very appreciated.

Issue below:

2 Likes

Then start with some basics:

Then select a client:

You can always start new, it's not required to use the same tool used with the last certificate.

Or check your system if you can find one of these clients.

There are WordPress Addins to create a certificate and there are raw clients.

But it's configuration specific. So if you don't have backend access, that may not work.

1 Like

There probably already is a client in play. Suggesting to choose another one isn't very helpful, especially in this case where the topicstarter is, I assume, not very adept with this kind of thing.

3 Likes

I agree—the advice to choose a client typically isn’t helpful for a renewal, because someone has already chosen one, which normally needs to be induced to perform the renewal somehow.

@megan.maher what could you find out about how your original certificate was obtained? Was it done for you by someone else? Was it an automatic part of your web hosting plan?

5 Likes

@JuergenAuer, @Osiris, @schoen

Looks like she got this figured out. We can probably close this one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.