Help required for Creating SAN Certificate

Hi Guys,
My application needs multiple subdomains and i have to create ssl certificate. Now due to limit of 50 Certificates per week, I am not able to create certificate for each url. I got to know that we can use SAN certificate to overcome this problem But I dont know how to create SAN certificate.
If anyone knows then please help me here. Thanks.

You specify all the FQDNs you want in a single certificate request. If you'd tell us what client you planned on using, we could give you more detail on this, but with certbot, it would look like -d domain.com -d sub1.domain.com -d sub2.domain.com -d sub.sub2.domain.com . . .

Edit: You could always issue wildcard certs, which could greatly reduce the number of certs you need to issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick help.
Can I use below command for this ?
./letsencript-auto certonly --standalone -d domain.com -d sub1.domain.com -d sub2.domain.com -d sub.sub2.domain.com

letsencrypt-auto is very old; you’d likely be using certbot-auto instead. And if you only want to obtain the cert (and not install it in your server configuration), and you aren’t currently running a web server, yes, that command would do it.

1 Like

I have replied to almost the same question before, have a look:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.