[HELP] moving to new host!

I’ve moved from godaddy hosting to hostgator, when I tried to generate new certificate for my domain and sub domain, it sends the old certificate code and hostgator is not verifying it, I tried to regenerate account option, and same result. can anybody help!

Please answer these questions. The forum software is supposed to ask you them when creating a post but sometimes they don't show up.

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

It is difficult to help you without knowing how you are generating your certificates.

1 Like

https://crt.sh/?q=spygerm.com

Item Detail
Hosting Package Baby Croc
Server Name gator4199
cPanel Version 60.0 (build 47)
Apache Version 2.2.31
PHP Version 5.4.45
MySQL Version 5.5.51-38.2
Architecture x86_64
Operating System linux
hostgator hosting

https://crt.sh/?q=cp.spygerm.com

Hi @spygerm,

I wasn't able to understand what you did from this information. You said

I didn't understand from this

• how you tried to generate a certificate (using what software or interface),
  • what sent the old certificate (to where?),
  • how you know it was the old certificate, or
  • what error message you received from Hostgator.

I'm sorry for insisting about this, but there are dozens of different tools that people use to obtain and install Let's Encrypt certificates, and they all work rather differently, so there's no way to understand what went wrong without knowing more about exactly what you tried to do, using which tools, and exactly what error you received from whom.

1- https://www.sslforfree.com/ (if there any other way will solve, just tell me)
2- sends (generate)
3- same code
4- not verified icon

Hi @spygerm,

There are lots of other ways to generate certificates but they usually depend on the kind of access that you have to your hosting provider.

I assume that when you used sslforfree, you were given a certificate in PEM format like this one:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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-----END CERTIFICATE-----

(That is one of several certificates that Let’s Encrypt has previously issued for your site.) Are you saying that you repeated the process from the beginning on sslforfree and then the file that you got was exactly identical to a previous one? That should be impossible based on how both Let’s Encrypt and sslforfree work. Did you get some data like this and then use software to check that all of the letters and numbers were the same as in some previous version of the process?

After you got your certificate, how did you provide it to Hostgator, and what did the Hostgator support or the Hostgator software interface tell you in response? When people on this forum dealt with Hostgator before, they were supposed to send certificates to Hostgator support in order to activate them (which resulting in a human being on Hostgator’s side having to set up the new certificate and also charge a fee). I don’t know if that’s changed since then, but it seems quite different from your experience.

It is possible to upload certificates inside of cPanel’s web interface, but I didn’t think that Hostgator had that feature enabled, again based on other users’ previous experiences.

now I tried to recheck everything but i got this error type, who can increase my request please!

urn:acme:error:rateLimited

That’s further proof that you’re getting different certificates each time. Each of the certificates that you’ve received should still be totally valid and usable; the problem must instead have to do with how you’re sending them to Hostgator or with what Hostgator is doing with them afterward.

Validation Failed
this is what I get, now I tried to make it on my main domain not my subdomain

but who can help me to increase my limit!

This is not an available option from Let's Encrypt. If it's "too many certificates issued for exact set of domains", you could get around it by adding another domain to the certificate. If it's too many certificates per registered domain (that is, if you've reached 20 within a week), you'll need to wait until 7 days since the first one.

I suspect from Certificate Transparency logs that you'll be able to issue certificates again in that case around noon UTC on Thursday, September 21.

These rate limits exist because issued certificates use up limited resources on the Let's Encrypt side (signing capacity of hardware security modules). We strongly discourage users from experimenting with the live service or repeating an unsuccessful approach over and over again.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.