Help getting certificate for QNAP NAS

My domain is: myqnapcloud.com?

I ran this command: QNAP interface menu: Security…Certificate&Private Key…Replace Certificate…Get from Let’s Encrypt

It produced this output: “Authentication fails. Please check the DNS server or if the port 80 is working.”

My web server is (include version): myqnapcloud.com?

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Don’t know unless it is the latest QNAP software

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:myqnapcloud.com?

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): I don’t know

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): I use the QNAP interface to get into the NAS.

I get the error about port 80. I went into the area that had the FTP port and it was 8080. Attempts to change it to 80 got an error stating that it was being used by something else. I don’t what to do next to fix this and get the certificate. Is there something I can do to get this to work? I don’t know about some of the text editing and domain editing solutions I found, but they were also older solutions before this was an option in the interface. Any help is appreciated. My wife’s Synology was alot easier!!

Port 80 is generally (as is in this case) used for HTTP - not FTP.
So it is a good thing that it didn't allow that change.
And it also indicates that your device is running something on port 80 (presumably an HTTP web service).
You can test access to that web service by going to http://<ip of the NAS device>
That said, in this authentication process it seems that the port 80 web service would need to be accessed by the LE authentication system - over the Internet (there are other ways to authenticate).
So http://<your Internet IP> would also need access your NAS device to complete the authentication and provide your NAS with an LE cert.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.