Help about creating ssl cert to several websites with their own certificates

Hello Community

I’m trying to create ssl cert to several sites using certbot and having some issues.
The issue is that it add all the websites into one certificate ( where all websites are listed under “Subject Alternative Name” in the certificate details ), but I would like to have one for each where the other sites are not listed in the certificate. How do I fix that?

One of my domain is: piwigo.tanja84.dk

I ran this command: certbot --nginx

It produced this output: it produced certificate

My web server is (include version):Nginx 1.14.0

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Self Hosted

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): certbot 0.31.0

Hi @Tanja84DK

run

certbot --nginx -d piwigo.tanja84.dk

that with every domain.

One command -> one certificate.

Later renew is one single command.

1 Like

@JuergenAuer Thank you very much I will try that.

Is that also posible now even that the certificate is pretty new or shall I wait to the renew date

Your certificate:

CN=adult.tanja84.dk
expires in 90 days	
adult.tanja84.dk, cloud.tanja84.dk, 
piwigo.tanja84.dk, srv06.tanja84.dk - 4 entries

The 2 limits are domain based:

• Max. 50 certificates per domain per week -> if you have 4 subdomains -> no problem.
  • Max. 5 identical certificates per domain per week -> you don't want to renew that certificate 5 times, you want to create certificates with new sets of domain names -> no problem, if you create one new certificate per subdomain name (not 6).
1 Like

@JuergenAuer Thank you very much for your help and clarification.
I have now got it to work as intended.

Have a great day

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.