Help, A previous engineer created a cert from here

My domain is: EQapi200.eventqplatform.com

I ran this command: not sure

It produced this output: not sure

My web server is (include version): not sure

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): not sure

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: not sure

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): not sure

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): not sure

EQapi200.eventqplatform.com certificuit is expired.

How do I renew it?

We have had a previous Engineer that is no longer with us and we are finding new things all the time. This just expired on Sunday and need to renew it. One of our developers is getting the error. Please help me so I can get this fixed.
THank you

Hi @sschimpff,

You’re going to need administrative access to this server in order to replace its expired certificate. This is a Microsoft IIS server presumably running a server-oriented version of Windows.

You can’t change the certificate without having administrative access to this machine (certificate renewal is always implemented by issuing new certificates and installing them in place of the old certificates).

I have admin access to our servers since I hold ADMIN access to everything for our business. I am on Microsoft Azure servers.
I have the access to all but do not know where to go since our person has left and we are inbetween engineers now. Any help would be appreciated.

If anyone can tell me where to go on a typical Azure server to find the certificate that would be great.

I’m afraid I don’t know much about Windows or IIS. But I’m glad that you do have admin access—that’s the first step!

It’s likely that the previous engineer would have used one of the Windows-based Let’s Encrypt client applications to obtain and install the old certificate.

Can you see whether any of these applications was installed or run on your server?

There are other ways to do it too, but these are probably the most popular overall. You might also be able, as an interim measure, to use one of these to obtain a newer certificate, even if it isn’t the same tool that the previous engineer was using.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.