Has anyone tried to install LE certs on Elastic Beanstalk?

They’ve had requests to build in the service, but I’m assuming that doing this now will involve manual cert generation and manual install?

OK, I got this working, and will be writing up the experience.

1 Like

Can you elaborate on how you completed this portion. I’m currently using Elastic Beanstalk, but not using Docker yet. How do I create a file with the specified content when letsencrypts prompts for it?

answered on my post. the key is configuring “static files”.

I am working on setting up a cert for EB at the moment. I attempted to run the following command:

./letsencrypt-auto certonly -d nickandgrace.us -v

I am getting the following stack trace:

2016-01-09 14:45:25,793:DEBUG:letsencrypt.error_handler:Encountered exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/ec2-user/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/letsencrypt/auth_handler.py", line 115, in _solve_challenges
    dv_resp = self.dv_auth.perform(self.dv_c)
  File "/home/ec2-user/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/letsencrypt/plugins/standalone.py", line 205, in perform
    "At least one of the (possibly) required ports is "
MisconfigurationError: At least one of the (possibly) required ports is already taken.

2016-01-09 14:45:25,794:DEBUG:letsencrypt.error_handler:Calling registered functions
2016-01-09 14:45:25,794:INFO:letsencrypt.auth_handler:Cleaning up challenges
2016-01-09 14:45:25,835:DEBUG:letsencrypt.cli:Exiting abnormally:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/ec2-user/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/letsencrypt", line 11, in 
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/home/ec2-user/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/letsencrypt/cli.py", line 1396, in main
    return args.func(args, config, plugins)
  File "/home/ec2-user/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/letsencrypt/cli.py", line 598, in obtain_cert
    _auth_from_domains(le_client, config, domains)
  File "/home/ec2-user/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/letsencrypt/cli.py", line 402, in _auth_from_domains
    lineage = le_client.obtain_and_enroll_certificate(domains)
  File "/home/ec2-user/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/letsencrypt/client.py", line 283, in obtain_and_enroll_certificate
    certr, chain, key, _ = self.obtain_certificate(domains)
  File "/home/ec2-user/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/letsencrypt/client.py", line 266, in obtain_certificate
    return self._obtain_certificate(domains, csr) + (key, csr)
  File "/home/ec2-user/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/letsencrypt/client.py", line 224, in _obtain_certificate
    authzr = self.auth_handler.get_authorizations(domains)
  File "/home/ec2-user/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/letsencrypt/auth_handler.py", line 80, in get_authorizations
    cont_resp, dv_resp = self._solve_challenges()
  File "/home/ec2-user/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/letsencrypt/auth_handler.py", line 115, in _solve_challenges
    dv_resp = self.dv_auth.perform(self.dv_c)
  File "/home/ec2-user/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/letsencrypt/plugins/standalone.py", line 205, in perform
    "At least one of the (possibly) required ports is "
MisconfigurationError: At least one of the (possibly) required ports is already taken.

Any ideas where to start digging on this one. I am running this command from one of my elastic beanstalk EC2 hosts.

I don’t think that approach can work.

Heres a solution that is automated for getting free Letsencrypt ssl certs onto single instance elastic beanstalk node servers:
http://bluefletch.com/blog/domain-agnostic-letsencrypt-ssl-config-for-elastic-beanstalk-single-instances/