Got email for renewal but certbot gives different expiration date

My domain is:
ronnie147.com

I got an email stating that my certificate is about to expire on 19 Jan 22 14:14 +0000. However using this command certbot renew I got the following output.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/ronnie147.com.conf
Cert not yet due for renewal

The following certificates are not due for renewal yet:
  /etc/letsencrypt/live/ronnie147.com/fullchain.pem expires on 2022-03-25 (skipped)
No renewals were attempted.

All the information you require is mentioned in the expiry e-mail and/or in the link (which is available in the e-mail itself) to more info about expiry e-mails.

2 Likes

Was wondering whether I have mistakenly issued more than one certificate for my domain, if that is even possible.

If you don't remember what certificates were issued in the past exactly, you can use certificate transparancy log aggregators such as https://crt.sh/ to check your certificate history:

That in combination with all the info from the e-mail and the extra documentation linked in the e-mail should suffice.

2 Likes

Yes, that is very possible; And likely the case.

1 Like

I can see there are files for 2 spare certificates in /etc/letsencrypt/archive/ronnie147.com. Does deleting these files suffice? I do see spare certificates in your link, but it does not seem like I can edit them or delete them.

Not at all.
Please read the email.

1 Like

Ok, thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.