Certbot email quotes different renewal date from cert

My domain is: www.privacyalliance.co.uk

I ran this command:

certbot certificate -d www.privacyalliance.co.uk

It produced this output:

Certificate Name: www.privacyalliance.co.uk
    Domains: www.privacyalliance.co.uk privacyalliance.co.uk
    Expiry Date: 2018-11-15 08:03:42+00:00 (VALID: 73 days)
    Certificate Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/www.privacyalliance.co.uk/fullchain.pem
    Private Key Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/www.privacyalliance.co.uk/privkey.pem

My web server is (include version): Apache 2.4.29

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Jump Networks Ltd

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

I’ve received certificate expiration email for this domain which says it expires on 23 Sept 2018, but the certificate itself says it expires 15 Nov 2018.

Why is this?

Hi,

It means that you have a certificate (which is not the one you currently used) expiring on Sept.23… however, since your sites is using a certificate other than the email mentioned one, please simply disregard this email.

Thank you

Hi @gilgongo

look there:

https://transparencyreport.google.com/https/certificates?cert_search_auth=&cert_search_cert=&cert_search=include_expired:false;include_subdomains:false;domain:www.privacyalliance.co.uk&lu=cert_search

You have two certificates:

One from 25.06.2018 with rainbowcircle.co.uk + www.privacyalliance.co.uk

One from 17.08.2018 with privacyalliance.co.uk + www.privacyalliance.co.uk

The first has a different name set. There is no renew -> that creates the mail.

Thanks @JuergenAuer

How very weird that the one from 25.06.2018 combined those two domains. It certainly wasn’t intended.

Oh well, at least the one that matters is OK, so I can let the weird one expire as @stevenzhu says.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.