Getting Error while renewing wildcard SSL certificate for domain (*.performoo.com)

Hi Guys,
I am getting below error while renewing the wildcard SSL certificate:
##########################################################################
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/performoo.com.conf

Cert is due for renewal, auto-renewing...
Could not choose appropriate plugin: The manual plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existing configuration.
The error was: PluginError('An authentication script must be provided with --manual-auth-hook when using the manual plugin non-interactively.',)
Failed to renew certificate performoo.com with error: The manual plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existing configuration.
The error was: PluginError('An authentication script must be provided with --manual-auth-hook when using the manual plugin non-interactively.',)

All renewals failed. The following certificates could not be renewed:
/etc/letsencrypt/live/performoo.com/fullchain.pem (failure)

1 renew failure(s), 0 parse failure(s)

####################################################################

I have generated the certificate using below command:
sudo certbot certonly --manual

Please help
Thanks

Here are some links to wildcard certificates with Let's Encrypt

1 Like

Please read User Guide — Certbot 2.6.0 documentation, especially the part about renewing.

3 Likes

Do I need to make TXT record entry everytime when I am renewing the wildcard SSL certificate?

Is there any other option?

Yes. Validations are only valid for 30 days and it's recommended to renew after 60 days of the certs lifetime. So you'd need to validate the domain again, necessitating a new TXT record.

Usually, one wants to automate the challenges. For the http-01 challenge this is usually very simple, but wildcards require the dns-01 challenge and thus TXT records using DNS. It depends on your DNS provider if it has an easily accessible API if it's automatable or not.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.