Free & automatic certificate from Let's Encrypt how to operate ?

Hi @Meetu, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

That question would best be answered by your HSP or a DirectAdmin support channel.

We can also wait for answers here, if anyone has experience with both.
But for that you should include the name of the specific HSP [Hosting Service Provider].

5 Likes

It looks like you got a Let's Encrypt cert and your site is now running on HTTPS.

You even got a score of A from SSL Labs test

Was there still something you needed help with?

7 Likes

But my site is not SSL-protected, so I don't know what's wrong with that setting.

Why do you say that? It looks protected to me.

6 Likes

I think I see the problem. Explicitly using HTTPS (or having your browser configured to prefer HTTPS) works, but you do not have a redirect set up. I'm not sure how that works on your host.

5 Likes

It seems that DirectAdmin might not have a simple way to do this:

But, since the server is running Apache, it can be controlled by an .htaccess file.

7 Likes

Not yet protect, I don't know what went wrong.

As you were told two days ago, yes, it is. What it doesn't do is automatically redirect from HTTP to HTTPS, and we can't help you with that--you'll need to ask your web host how to do that.

8 Likes

Yes, it still does not redirect. You should contact your hosting provider for assistance.

But, you also no longer send out a valid cert chain. You did earlier when I saw your A grade at SSL Labs. But, you now get a B score because your chain is incomplete. You are only sending the leaf (or server) cert and not the intermediate chain. You will need to contact your hosting provider about this too. The DirectAdmin did not configure your server correctly.

Certificate chain
 0 s:/CN=unitedstone.com.hk
   i:/C=US/O=Let's Encrypt/CN=R3
6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.