Four subdomains only?

My(Our) domain is: mpaq.org and our Network Admin handles our certs. We have multiple subdomains but can't get more then 4 for our certs. According to the docs here, we should be able to have 100 subs.

Where should we begin to solve this, I don't know since I don't handle that side but if someone can give some tips, I can pass it along to him.

Why not? What is the error?

And, why do you want that? Certificates with lots of domain names are usually much harder to administer. It is usually easier to have a unique cert for each web service. For example, with a web server like apache or nginx each VirtualHost or server block would have its own cert for just the names handled by that VHost / server block.

3 Likes

We have different addresses already. They need certs.

mpaq.org
radio.mpaq.org
beamship.mpaq.org
truthbrary.mpaq.org

I've JUST gotten mail.mpaq.org working YESTERDAY!!! but we can't list it. We have many other names on our network that needs certs, too.

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

2 Likes

My domain is: mpaq.org. We have been running this for about 3 years.
I ran this command: I don't have the automatic scripts available ATM but we have tried many times to add more sub domains.

My web server is (include version): Apache 2.4.57, Dovecot 2.3.19.1, Postfix 3.7.6, NGNIX 1.22.1
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): IMAC & Debian 12
My hosting provider, if applicable, is: self hosted
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes
I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no
The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 2.1.0

These two questions that you omitted are pretty important.

6 Likes