Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.
My domain is:
I ran this command:
certbot run -d cackle.us,www.cackle.us --nginx --test-cert -v
It produced this output:
Plugins selected: Authenticator nginx, Installer nginx Requesting a certificate for cackle.us and www.cackle.us Performing the following challenges: http-01 challenge for www.cackle.us Waiting for verification... Challenge failed for domain www.cackle.us http-01 challenge for www.cackle.us Certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: nginx). The Certificate Authority reported these problems: Domain: www.cackle.us Type: unauthorized Detail: 2606:4700:3037::ac43:a039: Invalid response from https://www.cackle.us/.well-known/acme-challenge/fvaCQG796PL-Wo6UC0Xr6ky-A6tcBZhRs0-TV24XMRk: 521 Hint: The Certificate Authority failed to verify the temporary nginx configuration changes made by Certbot. Ensure the listed domains point to this nginx server and that it is accessible from the internet. Cleaning up challenges Some challenges have failed. Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.
My web server is (include version):
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
The version of my client is (e.g. output of
certbot --version or
certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):
The Detail bullet point in the output reports
2606:4700:3037::ac43:a039; if this is supposed to represent my server it is incorrect. Performing an nslookup locally and using tools online reports the correct addresses:
DNS is hosted by Cloudflare but proxy is currently turned off which should be visible via the nslookup tests. I turned off the proxy for both DNS entries with no success followed by turning on Development Mode with no success. This was done roughly 10 hours ago and is still set.
# ip addr 2: eth0: inet 126.96.36.199/24 brd 188.8.131.52 scope global eth0 inet6 2600:3c02::f03c:93ff:fe1f:3b9a/64 scope global dynamic mngtmpaddr