Error 400 - urn:acme:error:rejectedIdentifier - Policy forbids issuing for name

Hi,

We are experiencing the error: “Error 400 - urn:acme:error:rejectedIdentifier - Policy forbids issuing for name” for a certificate request for the hostname: “status.united.no” (for a public status page powered by Uptime Robot).

I have seen the topic: Policy Forbids issuing name compras.adp.com.pe and can’t see a reason why the domain would be blocked.

Also cc’ing @cpu after seeing that he is the rightest person to be notified in the other ticket :).

Thanks very much.

I guess it’s because of United Airlines. It’s kind of bogus that it even blocks trademarks that are dictionary words. :rage:

Not to worry, it’s highly likely your unblock request will be approved by the Let’s Encrypt staff, but it will take a couple weeks.

Hi @umutm, thanks for flagging me.

I've started the process to remove united.no from the policy forbidding this issuance. I'll update this thread once the change has been made in production (Usually within 5-12 days). Thanks for your patience.

Hi again @umutm,

I’ve been told the policy has been updated in production. You should be able to issue for united.no domains without seeing this error. Please let me know if you’re still having problems.

Thanks!

Hi @cpu ,

Appreciate the help and update. It seems all good now.

Have a great day :).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.