Email says cert is expiring

HI,

I am facing similar problem. Everything appears to be ok, but just got email form expire bot that cert is expiring in 10 days. When renew script is executed it returns “skipped - cert not due for renewal”

My domain is: tieto.pirkanmaa.fi

I ran this command: certbot renew --preferred-challenges http

It produced this output: renewal was successful but still shows expired?

Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/tieto.pirkanmaa.fi.conf

Cert not yet due for renewal

The following certs are not due for renewal yet:
/etc/letsencrypt/live/tieto.pirkanmaa.fi/fullchain.pem expires on 2019-01-20 (skipped)
No renewals were attempted.

My web server is (include version):
nginx version: nginx/1.12.2

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
centos 7

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: hosted internally

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes I have root privileges

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no, ssh

all the best,
Jan

Hi,

check the date for the certificate from the browser and it has the correct date. Found out that there are two certificates created with exact same name.

all the best,
Jan

Hi, I moved your question to a new topic as it seemed to be a different problem. Anyway I think you have found the solution already? But just in case you have not, please see this:

In short: you might get renewal reminder emails for certificates you’re no longer using, which can be confusing if they’re similar to certificates you are using.

Hi,

Thanks for the link. I am pretty sure that the problem is exactly what you wrote. Thanks for your help.

All the best,
Jan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.