Domain resolved to an IP address that does not exist on this server

Hello,

My Domain is Tetard.be , the site is running but not good enough, it is out now and then?

Weid busyness: DNS DCV: No local authority: “autodiscover.tetard.be”; HTTP DCV: The system queried for a temporary file at “http://autodiscover.tetard.be/.well-known/acme-challenge/8DBWY113HFKF6EQNR6INDTGNBRCHWK7T”, but the web server responded with the following error: 403 (Forbidden). A DNS (Domain Name System) or web server misconfiguration may exist. The domain “autodiscover.tetard.be” resolved to an IP address “2603:1026:0206:0003:0000:0000:0000:0008” that does not exist on this server.

2 Likes

Not weird at all. As you can see, the subdomain autodiscover ultimately resolves to multiple IP addresses owned by Microsoft:

;; ANSWER SECTION:
autodiscover.tetard.be.	3600	IN	CNAME	autodiscover.outlook.com.
autodiscover.outlook.com. 221	IN	CNAME	autod.ha-autod.office.com.
autod.ha-autod.office.com. 9	IN	CNAME	autod.ms-acdc-autod.office.com.
autod.ms-acdc-autod.office.com.	5 IN	AAAA	2603:1026:207:14f::8
autod.ms-acdc-autod.office.com.	5 IN	AAAA	2603:1026:c03:3031::8
autod.ms-acdc-autod.office.com.	5 IN	AAAA	2603:1026:c03:6024::8
autod.ms-acdc-autod.office.com.	5 IN	AAAA	2603:1026:207:e1::8

So unless you're the system operator of an Office server of Microsoft, I don't find this that weird.

4 Likes

What can I do to fix this?

Well, you could change your DNS records so that they don't point to a Microsoft domain. But that will likely break your Microsoft-hosted email, which is (I assume) why those CNAME records are there in the first place. And if Microsoft is already hosting your email, why are you trying to get a cert for autodiscover?

4 Likes

Hey again,

Look we where for years on a american server witch was low in cost on year base, also for the mails. Suddenly the mails work ones yes ones no, this for several weeks until i had to make a decision and leave the server ore host, when we changed that it works well on apple mail but a friend advised us to put a cloud microsoft package for the whole firm on year bas for the mails. That would be safer and alway's possible too login on server microsoft! From the moment I changed server from america to holland I had no longer a website, it was not to be found anymore. The reason I did not know until now what you tell me. What are the options that you suggest? We all work on apple and also cellphones.
We have one pc for accountant.

1 Like

Well, if Microsoft are hosting your email, let them host your email. There's no reason in that case for you to be trying to get a cert for autodiscover.yourdomain, so stop trying to do that.

4 Likes

Yes but why is that mi site is sometimes not working?
Each day in the morning it is not be found? When I go to the hosting and check dns it suddenly works again?

See what is was today:

DNS DCV: No local authority: “tetard.be”; HTTP DCV: “tetard.be” does not resolve to any IP addresses on the internet.

Certificaat weergeven

Exclude from AutoSSL
autodiscover.tetard.be Self-signed

An error occurred the last time AutoSSL ran, on 10 september 2021:

DNS DCV: No local authority: “autodiscover.tetard.be”; HTTP DCV: The system queried for a temporary file at “http://autodiscover.tetard.be/.well-known/acme-challenge/J9-SYXVFZHV45VE6NUZXK_9YW7J4WJ37”, but the web server responded with the following error: 403 (Forbidden). A DNS (Domain Name System) or web server misconfiguration may exist. The domain “autodiscover.tetard.be” resolved to an IP address “2603:1026:0207:011d:0000:0000:0000:0008” that does not exist on this server.

Certificaat weergeven

Exclude from AutoSSL
cpanel.tetard.be Self-signed

DNS DCV: No local authority: “cpanel.tetard.be”; HTTP DCV: “cpanel.tetard.be” does not resolve to any IP addresses on the internet.

Certificaat weergeven

Exclude from AutoSSL
cpcalendars.tetard.be Self-signed

DNS DCV: No local authority: “cpcalendars.tetard.be”; HTTP DCV: “cpcalendars.tetard.be” does not resolve to any IP addresses on the internet.

Certificaat weergeven

Exclude from AutoSSL
cpcontacts.tetard.be Self-signed

DNS DCV: No local authority: “cpcontacts.tetard.be”; HTTP DCV: “cpcontacts.tetard.be” does not resolve to any IP addresses on the internet.

Certificaat weergeven

Exclude from AutoSSL
ipv6.tetard.be Self-signed

DNS DCV: No local authority: “ipv6.tetard.be”; HTTP DCV: “ipv6.tetard.be” does not resolve to any IP addresses on the internet.

Certificaat weergeven

Exclude from AutoSSL
mail.tetard.be Self-signed

DNS DCV: No local authority: “mail.tetard.be”; HTTP DCV: “mail.tetard.be” does not resolve to any IP addresses on the internet.

Certificaat weergeven

Exclude from AutoSSL
webdisk.tetard.be Self-signed

DNS DCV: No local authority: “webdisk.tetard.be”; HTTP DCV: “webdisk.tetard.be” does not resolve to any IP addresses on the internet.

Certificaat weergeven

Exclude from AutoSSL
webmail.tetard.be Self-signed

DNS DCV: No local authority: “webmail.tetard.be”; HTTP DCV: “webmail.tetard.be” does not resolve to any IP addresses on the internet.

Certificaat weergeven

Exclude from AutoSSL
www.tetard.be Self-signed

DNS DCV: No local authority: “www.tetard.be”; HTTP DCV: “www.tetard.be” does not resolve to any IP addresses on the internet.

All of those errors are DNS related.
Depnding on who you ask...
You authoritative DNS servers are:

tetard.be       nameserver = ns12.wixdns.net
tetard.be       nameserver = ns13.wixdns.net

OR

tetard.be       nameserver = ns1.cheesehosting.net
tetard.be       nameserver = ns2.cheesehosting.net
tetard.be       nameserver = ns3.cheesehosting.net

OR

tetard.be       nameserver = ns12.wixdns.net
tetard.be       nameserver = ns13.wixdns.net
tetard.be       nameserver = ns1.cheesehosting.net
2 Likes

Hello,

What is the solution then? Crazy

You need to login to your domain registrar and update the DNS to contain only the ones that works.
[I'm assuming one of them works and one of them fails]

It looks like the "Cheese Hosting" is the one causing you problems.

2 Likes

Should I change the first one?

In wix I only had fill in name server 2 and 3

1 Like

Remove the first one.

2 Likes

I just tried it but it can not be empty it says :frowning:

1 Like

Then just move the third one to line one.

2 Likes

server error?

What ?

1 Like

Cheesehosting says that the first can not be blanc, I can fill or copy the third one but can not update after filing in. When I do so it goes in 500 server error?

You are not using the standard CheeseHosting name servers. This can cause problems with your DNS settings.

That's funny!
They are the ones causing you DNS problems.

Nameserver 1 = ns12.wixdns.net
Nameserver 2 = ns13.wixdns.net
Nameserver 3 = 
Nameserver 4 = 
Nameserver 5 = 
1 Like

Their DNS us out-dated:

primary name server = ns12.wixdns.net
serial  = 2021090212

primary name server = ns1.cheesehosting.net
serial  = 2021090201  <<<<< 11 changes behind WIX <<<<<
1 Like