Docker Nginx Reverse Proxy 2 host

I have a system running with 3 containers. One is the nginx server which has a reverse proxy for the other two sites that need ssl, how could you practically install the certificates?

The nginx server needs certs as it will receive HTTPS connections.

But, usually within the same system you would have nginx using HTTP to the backend sites. In that case you don't need certs on the backend systems.

I've moved your topic to the Help category. If you had posted there you would have been asked the questions below. Please answer as best you can.

Keep in mind this is not a general "how to design my server" site. We help people get Let's Encrypt certs. It is ultimately up to you to configure your servers especially when the config is more complex.

============================

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.