My domain is: glwdb.org
I ran this command: (After problems started... see below for more info)
WHM > Manage Auto SSL > Recreate my current registration with “Let’s Encrypt™”.
It produced this output: Ran successfully
My web server is (include version):Server Version: Apache/2.4.57 (cPanel) OpenSSL/1.1.1t mod_bwlimited/1.4
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Linux - CentOS v7.9.2009 STANDARD kvm
My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Bluehost
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): I can setup shell access and I am technically oriented but I have limited shell experience so I'll need detailed instruction.
I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): WHM/Cpanel 110.0.2
The version of my client is (e.g. output of
certbot --version or
certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): unknown... not a shell person but I'll try to get this figured out
Background info / Problem:
- This certificate and all others related were working fine for a few years until February 23
- This domain is a forwarding domain only to another domain
- The site it forwards to is valid, in operation, and that certificate(s) is working fine
- This is a VPS server that we have full access to if needed
- I am unaware of any recent server configuration changes that might have caused this. However Bluehost may have updated server software outside our view.
- Our certificate appears to be valid when checked externally. It comes up as " the certificate has renewed and is Valid from March 25, 2023 to June 23, 2023"
We are receiving messages every three hours from CPanel with the notification below. These messages started with " The “LetsEncrypt” AutoSSL provider could not renew the SSL certificate". As we passed April 23, they added the "certificate has expired" pre-text. Full message below.
The certificate DID actually renew on April 23, as it did on March 23. It's now good through June 23. But WHM/Cpanel still says April 23.
.glwdb.org: The AutoSSL certificate expires on Apr 23, 2023 at 11:49:07 PM UTC. At the time of this notice, the certificate expired -1 day, 11 hours, 17 minutes, and 59 seconds ago.
AutoSSL did not renew the certificate for “.glwdb.org”. You must take action to keep this site secure.
The “LetsEncrypt” AutoSSL provider could not renew the SSL certificate without a reduction of coverage because of the following problem:
* .glwdb.org (checked on Apr 25, 2023 at 12:31:03 PM UTC)
DNS DCV: No local authority: “*.glwdb.org”
The following domain lost SSL coverage when the certificate expired:
The certificate that is installed on this website contains the following properties:
Expiration: Sunday, April 23, 2023 at 11:49:07 PM UTC
Domain Names: glwdb.org
Subject: commonName www.glwdb.org
Issuer: countryName US
organizationName Let's Encrypt
The system generated this notice on Tuesday, April 25, 2023 at 12:31:07 PM UTC.