"DNS DCV: No local authority "the certificate expired"

Same here, especially given the prior statement

Which I already answered with

If you're not doing wildcard DNS, or have some other rare reason for needing a wildcard certificate, then you just need to fix your configuration to no longer request a wildcard certificate and thereby give you unsettling messages.

4 Likes

Yes... but per my earlier post, there doesn't seem to be any way to exclude the wildcard request in the "Auto SSL". which is Cpanel's periodic renewal interface. I can remove any of them except for the wildcard entry. Because it's now in error, we get a message every three hours that the certificate is "no longer" good.

After a little more digging and the info you've given me here, I'm moderately comfortable that it's due to some change Bluehost made, with a minor option for a change Cpanel made that they absorbed.

I'm going to work the issue with the Cpanel folks for a bit. I need to either find some way to remove the AutoSSL request I'll come back and update here with the results.

https://features.cpanel.net/topic/autossl-prevent-specific-domains-from-being-issued-free-ssl-certificates

We are currently investigating what it will take to implement this feature request. The work is being track as case COBRA-4247 (old ticket)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.