DirectAdmin error: Nonce is empty. Exiting

Hello
I encountered an error today when creating licenses for lets’encrypt, as follows:
Cannot Execute Your Request

Details

Generating 2048 bit RSA key for let’s encrypt account…
openssl genrsa 2048 > "/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/pakhshne/letsencrypt.key"
Generating RSA private key, 2048 bit long modulus
…+++
…+++
e is 65537 (0x10001)
Nonce is empty. Exiting. dig output of acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org:
Full nonce request output:

Is this a problem with your sanctions for Iran?

best regard.

It’s not possible to tell from that output. What are the domain names for which you are trying to issue certificates?

There are many domains that are on the server of Iran and one is the ir domain.
Can it be sanctions?

I don’t know, maybe, maybe not. Unless you tell us what exact domains you are having problems with, nobody could check for you.

If /all/ your domains have this problem, then it’s probably not a policy issue, just DirectAdmin not working.

domain has DigiParket.com

That domain doesn’t appear to be forbidden by policy. You should open a new thread for help if you are having trouble issuing a certificate for it.

I moved this conversation to a new thread, :slightly_smiling_face:

Unfortunately, I do not have the ability to install certificates on servers using IP from Iran.
Is there any particular reason??

On Let’s Encrypt side, only a small number of government-related domains are blocked in Iran. Let’s Encrypt continues to issue certificates to Iranian sites using .ir domains and IP addresses in Iran.

This search should confirm this, although it’s currently not working for me:
https://crt.sh/?Identity=%.ir&iCAID=16418

As of now, I can’t see any particular reason to think that the problems you’ve encountered relate to sanctions or blocking. If you can get more detailed error messages or log files, we may be able to understand more about why the process is failing. (Can you also tell us more about what software you’re using to try to generate the certificates?)

hello

thank you for answer .

I will create a certificate in the directadmin control panel with the following information:

key Size : 2048
certificate type sha1

Then I encounter the following error:

Cannot Execute Your Request

Details

Generating 2048 bit RSA key for let’s encrypt account…
openssl genrsa 2048 > "/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/pakhshne/letsencrypt.key"
Generating RSA private key, 2048 bit long modulus
…+++
…+++
e is 65537 (0x10001)
Nonce is empty. Exiting. dig output of acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org:
Full nonce request output:

best regard .

This is a problem with curl utility on your server:

https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=664

4 Likes

Thanks for your good tips to fix the problem.
The problem was overcome. :heart_eyes:
Good luck. :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.