Different expiration email addresses

Hello,

I am currently using certbot with letsencrypt on Ubuntu 18.04. I am running on a cloud server, for which I have full root access. I share the server with a good buddy of mine, and both of us are using it to run small projects, especially websites.

We both want HTTPS certificates, but we want the accounts to be distinct. At the bare minimum, we want expiration emails for our certificates to go to separate emails, not one email.

Can someone suggest the best way to do this with certbot or suggest another ACME client?

I have tried creating multiple letsencrypt account, but to select them I have to know the hash of my account, and that seems unreasonably annoying. I tried updating my certbot client since supposedly it can support multiple emails on one account, but I cant seem to do that properly.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @Riolku,

Welcome to the community forum!

You could use a separate certbot config file per user. https://certbot.eff.org/docs/using.html#configuration-file

In your ~/.bashrc you could wrap the certbot command to add the flag for you.

certbot() {
    certbot --config cli.ini
}
1 Like

Thanks, I wasn’t aware of that. What configuration value am I looking for, simply email ?

I think so, give it a test!

# Note that these options apply automatically to all use of Certbot for
# obtaining or renewing certificates, so options specific to a single
# certificate on a system with several certificates should not be placed
# here.
1 Like

I don’t think that will work. When you create a certificate, is the expiration email not tied to the account? Meaning if the email changes, the certificate email also changes? Is there any way to tell?

Also, the command only has one account in /etc/letsencrypt/accounts/<...>/directory.

Is there any way I can confirm what email a certificate is tied to? Is there relevant documentation on this kind of thing?

1 Like

It appears I can specify multiple emails, however would expirations be sent to both emails?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.