Did renewal take?

I renewed my ssl cert via certbot, but the site still shows the old one due to expire. How can I find out if I’m actually renewed?
Does it take time to propagate!

Hi @Bferster

please answer all of the following questions:

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

PS:

No. So if you see that,

something may be wrong. May be you have created a new certificate, but you don't use it. Or the certificate creation didn't work. But that's the reason all these answers are required.

My domain is: etal.live
I ran this command: sudo certbot -d $DOMAIN -d $WILDCARD --manual --preferred-challenges dns certonly
My web server is (include version): Apache
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Debian GNU/Linux
My hosting provider, if applicable, is: AWS Lightsail
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes
I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No

Thanks!

certonly doesn't restart your webserver.

Do that.

PS: No, forget it. Checking your domain I see the new certificate. Created today. So all looks good :+1:

PPS: But there is no wildcard certificate. There is a certificate only with

etal.live

as domain name. So it's not the certificate you have created.

Thanks so much for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.