Could not install certificate problem

Hi,

I just recently moved from one vServer to another and have been trying to get my certificates working but keep running into the "Could not install certificate" error when running "sudo certbot --apache" command - which I never had on my old server.

The interesting thing is, certbot seems to create the certificates fine so I can then, if I manually adjust my apache config, get everything working; however, since the installation fails, no time is set up for autorenewal of certificates.

Could anyone please help me with this or, at the least, explain how to then set up the timer for auto-renewal?

My details are as follows:

Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Requesting a certificate for stuggibear.de and 2 more domains
Successfully received certificate.
Certificate is saved at: /etc/letsencrypt/live/stuggibear.de/fullchain.pem
Key is saved at: /etc/letsencrypt/live/stuggibear.de/privkey.pem
This certificate expires on 2023-02-20.
These files will be updated when the certificate renews.
Certbot has set up a scheduled task to automatically renew this certificate in the background.
Deploying certificate
Could not install certificate
An unexpected error occurred:
StopIteration
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.
  • My web server is (include version): Apache 2.4.41
  • The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS (Focal Fossa)
  • My hosting provider, if applicable, is: STRATO
  • I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): YES
  • I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): NO
  • The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 1.32.0

Thanks in advance,

Kristian.

Can you try your run again with -v. It's probably having trouble parsing or using the Apache config you have. Like An unexpected error occurred: StopIteration Ubuntu 18.01 Apache2

5 Likes

Running certbot with -v did not show any more information unfortunately; however, after playing around with the SSL version of the apache config I managed to get it to run through without any errors :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.