Contact to support via email

Pls help. The problem is rellay wierd

1 Like

Welcome to the community @FlxiBoy1313

This forum is the first line support. I moved your post to the Help section. Had you posted in this section you would have been shown the questions below. Please answer them as best you can so we can help. Thanks

==================================

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

4 Likes

Is there a "problem"? It would be helpful if we knew what the problem is. No offense intended, but please provide the information that @MikeMcQ is requesting. :innocent:

4 Likes

Hey,
my problem is, I have received 2 emails where a total of 4 domains are using this certifact. However, this email has only been around since April, May. So my question, why is that? I do not own these domains.

What emails?

3 Likes

@FlxiBoy1313, do you use Let's Encrypt at all for your own servers?

Is it possible that someone else made a typo when signing up and mistakenly entered your address? There's no confirmation process for this, so it could be that someone else entered your address by accident!

1 Like

Idk, but nobody knows my email and I have not registered it because I do not own these domains. There are still 4 domains

I meant what the contents of the emails were. Please post the contents so we can determine a little bit better on how to advise you.

1 Like

this:
Hello,

Your certificate (or certificates) for the names listed below will expire in 17 days (on 21 Sep 22 11:38 +0000). Please make sure to renew your certificate before then, or visitors to your web site will encounter errors.

We recommend renewing certificates automatically when they have a third of their total lifetime left. For Let's Encrypt's current 90-day certificates, that means renewing 30 days before expiration. See Integration Guide - Let's Encrypt for details.

web10195.cweb02..... (have pixelated)

webmail.web10195.cweb02..... (have pixelated)

www.web10195.cweb02..... (have pixelated)

v30866...... (have pixelated)

For details about when we send these emails, please visit: Expiration Emails - Let's Encrypt In particular, note that this reminder email is still sent if you've obtained a slightly different certificate by adding or removing names. If you've replaced this certificate with a newer one that covers more or fewer names than the list above, you may be able to ignore this message.

For any questions or support, please visit: https://community.letsencrypt.org/ Unfortunately, we can't provide support by email.

If you are receiving this email in error, unsubscribe at:

http://delivery.letsencrypt.org/track/unsub.php?u=....

Please note that this would also unsubscribe you from other Let's Encrypt service notices, including expiration reminders for any other certificates.

Regards,

The Let's Encrypt Team

You can either:

• unsubscribe your email from it
  • wait until that certificate expires [2022-09-21]

See:

1 Like

gamingweb.de issues a lot of certificate and it looks like they're using Plesk. There have been some issues regarding incorrect email usage of some larger providers unfortunately, although I'm not sure if that was a problem with Plesk or cPanel.

Is your email address used on the systems of a German provider perhaps?

5 Likes

@Osiris Do you think this web host might have a misconfiguration so that they are registering one subscriber's e-mail address with Let's Encrypt when issuing certificates for a different subscriber's domains?

2 Likes

@schoen I thought I've heared about such a bug before, indeed. However, it would require OP to have their email address known with the provider of the site in the certificate, which seems to be a German provider running Plesk.

2 Likes

The weird part is:

Did Plesk just guess that email address? - LOL

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.