Connection refused 80.. All sites not working

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:
www.studybench.org
I ran this command:
ss -tlnp
It produced this output:
State Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address:Port Peer Address:Port
LISTEN 0 128 :22 : users:((“sshd”,pid=1341,fd=3))
LISTEN 0 128 :::22 :::
users:((“sshd”,pid=1341,fd=4))
My web server is (include version):
Nginx + Easyengine
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Ubuntu 16 LTS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
Linode

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

What other commands have you also run?
[ss doesn't do anything to start nor stop services]

My certificates got expired…
Tried to renew with the following commands

ee site ssl-renew sitename…
ee site ssl-renew --all

none of that worked and gave me an error…

So i followed one of the so called solution which is renaming the old cert file and try to renew with the above commands… that didn’t work either. I deleted the old cert file and tried but still it says site already contains ssl…

Installed UFW and allowed 443 but still nothing…

Hi @prabhu

you need an open port 80.

Start with some basics:

then

That's

wrong, if you don't have a working configuration or a backup to restore the certificate. Then you can't restart your webserver. Then you have to remove the port 443 host complete or you have to install a self signed certificate, so your webserver can start again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.