Cetificate not renewed. Not listed when renew

My domain is: mindurrypromotion.com

I ran this command: certbot renew

It produced this output: domain not listed

My web server is (include version): Apache/2.4.56 (Debian)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Debian 11

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: dedicated server

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 1.12.0

Hi all,

This morning an email warn me about a certificate will expire soon.
This on dedicated server with many vhosts.

certbot renew (or delete) not show the ssl domain rewew attempt.

In /etc/letsencrypt/renewal i see all other domain but not mindurrypromotion.com

How can i retrieve this domain in renewal ? Is just copy/past/adaptation of conf file from another domain will do the job ?

Thank you much.

If the certificate is suddenly gone, it's probably best to just issue a new one using your regular methods of getting a certificate.

And you might want to figure out how a domain suddenly gets their certificate deleted.

3 Likes

Thank you @Osiris

Certificate is here in live directory. But not renewed.

Ok I will try this outside office hours :

• Delete (rm) actual certificate in /etc/letsencrypt/live
  • Delete certicate lines in vhost.
    generate new certificate for the domain.

And you might want to figure out how a domain suddenly gets their certificate deleted.

Yes. So strange, first time since using certbot. I have hundreds certificates on many servers.
Maybe it's because this certificate is for many sub domain (23 sub domain).

I will search in backup but very long task because backup are in hudges archives for entire server (customers datas, log, config...)

Thank again. Keep in touch here.

1 Like

If you have files in /live and /archive for this domain name the only file missing then is the one in /renewal

If you can restore just that conf file you may be able to renew it

Otherwise, notice the files in /live are symlinks to /archive to all of those files must be deleted too if you have to redo it. And, yes, of course remove the HTTPS VirtualHost too so that Apache is not referencing cert files that don't exist.

See this topic for other instructions
https://eff-certbot.readthedocs.io/en/latest/using.html#safely-deleting-certificates

4 Likes

But then you should be able to see it in the output of the command sudo certbot certificates.

Unless the renewal configuration file from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/ is gone, while the files in /live/ and /archive/ were somehow kept.

2 Likes

That is indeed the case :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I'd like to see what that shows us:
sudo certbot certificates

2 Likes

Get and put the file /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/mindurrypromotion.com.conf from old backup resolve the issue.

I think this file must have disappeared following the abandonment of one of the subdomains (without warning me).

Thanks to all of you guys :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.