Certified for zimbra

Hi, we have a www.adm-srl.it site on our "aruba" provider, who has also created an SSL certificate for the site.
Now, we have a zimbra server on a local installation on Ubuntu 18.04 with the name zimbra.adm-srl.it, which works fine. We would need to create a certificate for zimbra so that outlook does not "detect" non-certified servers. We have moved the dns servers from aruba to cloudflare. How could I proceed to create a certificate also for zimbra correctly? I have full access to the shell. Thanks for the replies

1 Like

Hi @vettalex

it's always the same.

Start with some required basics:

Then select a client.

If you don't have and don't need a running webserver, Certbot has a standalone option you can use.

Standalone

https://certbot.eff.org/docs/using.html#standalone

1 Like

It is not clear if they use, or will be using, cloudflare cdn for the webmail FQDN.
So it may be worth noting before they go down a path that might be a dead-end that standalone by default (through cloudflare cdn) may fail.
[and I don't think standalone will work with --webroot]

But there is always the DNS auth option; So it may be complicated, but it is NOT impossible.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.