Certificates not being issued anymore

My domain is: test.heyflow.dev

We're having trouble issuing new certificates and renewing old ones – all of a sudden. We manage around 1700 certificates with cert-manager which until now was no problem.

In the list of certificates, I can see test-heyflow-dev-prod-sec-qvwvh but somehow it's not being resolved. The Certificate Request status hangs at

conditions:
  - lastTransitionTime: "2022-05-24T16:51:56Z"
    message: 'Waiting on certificate issuance from order default/test-heyflow-dev-prod-sec-6fnp6-2589299130:
      "pending"'
    reason: Pending
    type: Ready

In the logs, I don't see anything out of order, only some confusing 'certificate resource is already up to date for ingress' entries.

We're using cert-manager 0.16.1 on k8n 1.17.17-gke.3000.

Any ideas are much appreciated. Thanks!

2 Likes

I'm not specifically familiar with cert-manager.
Is that their latest version?

5 Likes

cert-manager is up to v1.8.0 as of 5 April, 2022.

Edit: cert-manager v0.16 had an EOL of 24 Nov, 2020.
Before upgrading cert-manager, it's wise to read up on backing up your resources - first. Upgrading from some versions to newer versions requires the upgrade to be done in specific steps. There should be a backup section that will give the proper procedure.

6 Likes

Yes, I'm aware that it's not the latest version but nonetheless, I'm wondering why it stopped working.

Any ideas why a CertificateRequest can get stuck in Waiting on certificate issuance from order?

1 Like

Check site notifications.
Recently things have been disabled that might be affecting that older version.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.