Certificate revocation list expired

My domain is: west.cts.city

I can login to a root shell on my machine: yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site: no

I'm having issues from a specific client application (FileMaker) where it gives this error on what seems to be a valid certificate on the surface:

The revocation status is unknown for the certificate or a certificate in the certificate chain

Researching this error message had many mentions of Certificate Revocation Lists (CRL), so I looked at all the certificates in the chain and found that the intermediary, R3, listed a CRL Distribution Point of: http://crl.identrust.com/DSTROOTCAX3CRL.crl. When I download that file, it lists the Next Update as ‎Friday, ‎April ‎30, ‎2021 12:42:32 PM. I don't know enough about this stuff to say for sure, but It sure looks to me like that's the cause of the issue. I first experienced this issue soon after the time listed in the Next Update value on that R3 cert.

Is there an issue with that CRL or the host that caused it to not be updated when it said it would be?

2 Likes

That was exactly it! We reached the same conclusion just a few minutes before your post. More details are here: Revocation Issues - r3.o.lencr.org - #16 by JamesLE

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.