Certificate is expired

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: validator.panda-project.io

I ran this command: Went to my site “validator.panda-project.io

It produced this output: “validator.panda-project.io” certificate is expired

My web server is (include version): nginx/1.10.3 (Ubuntu)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Amazon.com

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): certbot 0.19.0

1 Like

How did you install Certbot? What's the path to the Certbot command? How do you run it?

Assuming that "sudo certbot ..." works, what's the output of "sudo certbot certificates"?

Certbot 0.19.0 is quite old. You should upgrade it. Ubuntu's repositories and the Certbot PPA both include newer versions.

Assuming you used one of them, you should sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade.

2 Likes

Hi @mdarapheth

there is a certificate:

2.6.2019, 13:34:29

Very old, long time expired. First step: Update your certbot. 0.19 is too old.

If this isn't possible, switch to another client.

May be acme.sh works.

1 Like

What version should I update to?

1 Like

The versions available in the Ubuntu repositories and in the Certbot PPA are both new enough.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.