Certbot unable to renew: Invalid response

Thanks for the compliment. Was nice working with you.

I still see the old cert on forum domain about half the time. I'm using the SSL Checker I linked earlier and just click Check a few times. You'll see diff expiration days on repeated attempts.

Did you restart Apache yet? If so, you may need to reboot server.

4 Likes

Yes, by running apache2ctl restart

But it might be the case that I'm using the wrong command. The ways of restarting an apache2 server have changed so often over time (on debian?) I never know which one is the correct one and often settle with apache2ctl restart.

At the link you shared I see no more march 19th anymore. From bottom down to R3 (which isn't on my level anymore) everywhere "not after june 7th 2023". On top it says "89 days until expiration".

No, that's the right one for full restart. You may need a server reboot.

Some people view all the PIDs for Apache and kill them off. If you have that level of experience that can work too and then start Apache fresh.

3 Likes

I just clicked Check 4 times in a row and still saw one result saying 10 days till expiration. Still looks like a stuck worker is hanging around

3 Likes

Indeed, which is why I performed a clean server reboot today.

The reboot seems to have fixed it. I now see the same cert repeatedly.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.