Certbot totally in automated silent mode

Hi all,

how can i run certbot in bash or in commandline -text mode without any interference ( questions )?
How can i specify the answers in, let’s say, an answerfile?

When i use cerbot -d www.angioni.nl --redirect --text, the certificate is perfectly created.
When i, later on, rerun the command certbot -d www.angioni.nl,angioni.nl --redirect --text , certbot is asking me to expand the certificate or to cancel. How can i give certbot a predefined answer?

R.Angioni

Hi @Angioni,

You can run Certbot with --quiet to suppress output.

With regard to this particular command, there are four available behaviors in this context:

--expand → add the new name(s) to the existing certificate (all names must be mentioned with -d, not just the new ones!) [if no relevant existing certificate is identified, creates a new one!]

--duplicate → make a new, separate certificate that overlaps with an existing one (this option is usually not useful to most people)

--force-renewal → renew the existing matching certificate (if any) now, even if it isn’t near expiry [if no matching certificate, still creates a new one!]

--keep-until-expiry → only renew the existing matching certificate (if any) if it’s near expiry [if no matching certificate, still creates a new one!]

What file is the list of domains for my cert stored in

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.