Certbot renew failed - Domain deleted

My domain is: blog.toniozz75.fr

I ran this command: certbot renew

It produced this output:
Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for mass-agir.fr - check

My web server is (include version): nginx 1.19.3

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Archlinux ARM

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): 1.9.0

I work with Letsencrypt certficates since three years without any problems. In september 2020, i deleted a domain name mass-agir.fr (no longer used) and deleted the certificates with certbot.
But now when i want to renew blog.toniozz75.fr, certbot tries to renew mass-agir.fr and failed.
I check all the repositories of Letsencrypt, nginx (sites-available and sites-enabled) and there are no elements linked to mass-agir.fr.

Any idea ?
Best regards,
Antoine

1 Like

The hostnames are taken from the previous certificate at renewal. There's probably a cert which includes the hostname.

Please take a look at all the hostnames (or use grep) in the output of certbot certificates.

2 Likes

Hi @Toniozzz

that's expected - see your certificate you use - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=blog.toniozz75.fr#certificates

CN=mass-agir.fr
expires in 20 days	blog.toniozz75.fr, 
cloud.toniozz75.fr, framadate.toniozz75.fr, 
mass-agir.fr, netdata.toniozz75.fr, 
piwik.toniozz75.fr, toniozz75.fr, 
wiki.toniozz75.fr - 8 entries

Your blog - subdomain uses a certificate with 8 domain names, mass-agir.fr is included.

So create a new certificate with a new list of -d to exclude that domain.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. It's work.
And for the link to check the server !

Regards,
Antoine

2 Likes

Yes you're right ! Thanks !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.