Certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: webroot)

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: corp-kcmanagement.com

I ran this command:certbot certonly

It produced this output:

Hello Team,

I am trying to get certification by using certbot, but I got error like this.
The DNS works good and I don't find any error in httpd-vhosts.conf file as well. Could you please check this out at your end also?
Please let me know if there are something I need to submit the information.

Certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: webroot). The Certificate Authority reported these problems:
Domain: www.corp-kcmanagement.com
Type: dns
Detail: DNS problem: query timed out looking up A for www.corp-kcmanagement.com; DNS problem: query timed out looking up AAAA for www.corp-kcmanagement.com

Hint: The Certificate Authority failed to download the temporary challenge files created by Certbot. Ensure that the listed domains serve their content from the provided --webroot-path/-w and that files created there can be downloaded from the internet.

My web server is (include version):Apache2.4.46

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):RHEL8.3

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):1.27.0

Your domain doesn't have working nameservers.

Name Server: dns.corp-kcmanagement.com
Name Server: 2nd.dnsv.jp

The first nameserver has no glue records, so it cannot be resolved. I was mistaken, it does have a glue record, but the server does not respond to queries.

The second nameserver responds to queries for your domain with the REFUSED error code, meaning that it is not authoritative for your domain.

You need to configure your domain so that it can be resolved over the internet. Otherwise, you won't be able to obtain a certificate.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.