Certbot 2.7.4 Release

Certbot 2.7.4 has just been released. The changelog for the release is:

2.7.4 - 2023-11-01

Fixed

• Fixed a bug introduced in version 2.7.0 that caused interactively entered
    webroot plugin values to not be saved for renewal.
  • Fixed a bug introduced in version 2.7.0 of our Lexicon based DNS plugins that
    caused them to fail to find the DNS zone that needs to be modified in some
    cases.

More details about these changes can be found on our GitHub repo.

4 Likes

Why not start your own repository for Linux, I am just not installing snap for using Certbot.

Very happy with acme.sh right now.

Which Linux? As you begin to list the numerous distributions, releases, and architectures, the answer to Why not should become apparent.

While, I too, prefer using software that integrates with my native package management tools, Let's Encrypt made a deliberate move to Snap a long time ago in order to reduce packaging overhead.

Nothing other than the amount of work involved prevents you from maintaining your own repo.

I have found that PIP in a VENV is an acceptable alternative to Snap. It's also very easy to keep automatically updated with a cron job or systemd timer, too.

6 Likes

Then how about then using the Pip option?

2 Likes

I meant to say Debian with a simple repository without pip or snap, just a simple deb package.

Debian has Certbot in its repository. Maintained by the Debian team. The Certbot team has decided to provide a single method of distribution for obvious reasons (a single one is easier to maintain and support compared to many) and has chosen snap. You can either like this or not, but IMO this discussion is offtopic in this thread, which is about a new release.

Please discuss this 2.7.4 release (e.g. the bugs that were fixed) here and discuss the choice of distribution elsewhere. Thank you.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.