Certbot 1.16.0 has just been released. The changelog entry for the release is:
- DNS plugins based on lexicon now require dns-lexicon >= v3.1.0
- Use UTF-8 encoding for renewal configuration files
- Windows installer now cleans up old Certbot dependency packages
before installing the new ones to avoid version conflicts.
- This release contains a substantial command-line UX overhaul,
based on previous user research. The main goal was to streamline
and clarify output. If you would like to see more verbose output, use
the -v or -vv flags. UX improvements are an iterative process and
the Certbot team welcomes constructive feedback.
whose behaviors rely on the global Certbot
configsingleton, are deprecated and will
be removed in a future release. Please use
- Fix TypeError due to incompatibility with lexicon >= v3.6.0
- Installers (e.g. nginx, Apache) were being restarted unnecessarily after dry-run renewals.
- Colors and bold text should properly render in all supported versions of Windows.
More details about these changes can be found on our GitHub repo.