Cert redirects to differnet domain

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: theprivacyshop.nz

I ran this command: browsed to the privacy shop

It produced this output: redirected to greatbarrierislandcommunityhealthtrust.org.nz

My web server is (include version): 2.4.18

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 16.04

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Virtualmin

Additional - It isn’t to do with virtualmin as it happens on a non virtualmin setup. It isn’t to do with apache as it happens under nginx. It always redirects to the same site (the greatbarrier one) and that site was on the server that the cert was first requested on and the problem has continued through renewals and across servers. Currently on accessing theprivacyshop.nz it redirects you to greatbarrierislandcommunityhealthtrust.org.nz on a different server…weird :slight_smile:

That’s not happening for me - I just get a 403 page on both HTTP and HTTPS, without any redirect. Perhaps it’s something on your local machine, or a proxy or cache? Or did you change something since posting this? Or maybe you’re using some sort of geographic blocking?

I did. I deleted wordpress which was probably why you got the 403, updated certbot in virtualmin, reinstalled wordpress, deleted all my browser history/cache/etc in everything (It was happening on mobile as well) and it seems to have stopped. What an idiot :slight_smile:

I just spent three days (and four sever install and setups) fixing something that looks like it was local. PEBKAC error.

Heh. Well, glad you got it working in the end :slight_smile:

I just tested https://theprivacyshop.nz, it seems to work fine for me.
In other words, I have some suggestions for you.
Suggestion 1: I would reccomend fixing "The server does not support Forward Secrecy with the reference browsers. Grade reduced to A-. " or if you are using a shared host contact them. You can run the test here and see what i’m talking about.
Suggestion 2: I would recommend forcing SSL by adding the code
"RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]"
to your .htaccess or if you can’t figure that out just install the plugin WP Force SSL.

I had the same issue after days of searching I decided to backup my Joomla website deleted the website file, domain & database from the server then re-setup the domain, database and restored the website. The issue was solved!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.