Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.
I was using certbot-auto v.0.9.x successfully. Now with version 0.10.1 it seg-faults.
My domain is: boriel.com
I ran this command: ./certbot-auto
It produced this output:
I’m also having a segmentation fault with cert-bot auto on ubuntu 16.04
Version 0.9 worked OK. Version 0.10.1 crashes with segmentation fault:
root@host3:~# ./certbot-auto --verbose Root logging level set at 10 Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log certbot version: 0.10.1 Arguments: ['--verbose'] Discovered plugins: PluginsRegistry(PluginEntryPoint#standalone,PluginEntryPoint#manual,PluginEntryPoint#nginx,PluginEntryPoint#webroot,PluginEntryPoint#apache,PluginEntryPoint#null) Requested authenticator None and installer None Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Log content produced is the same lines as above.
My operating system is (include version): Ubuntu 14.04.5
Virtual Machine (not a container) virtualized in a Proxmox x64 hypervisor.
My web server is (include version):
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Yes
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
ISPConfig3 (self installed)
Version 0.9.x worked OK! This one just crashes
After several failed installs, running
./certbot-auto certonly --standalone
worked ok and generate certificates. But this requires to stop apache service (to unbind TCP port 443)
Reading the forum, I noticed similar issues related to CFFI and gcc 5.3, mine is 4.8 so I guess this is not related.