Error Renewing Certificates Manually or via crontab:
Could not choose appropriate plugin: The apache plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existing configuration. The error was: PluginError(('There has been an error in parsing the file (%s): %s', u'/etc/apache2/apache2.conf', u'Syntax error'),)
- (apache2.conf below)
- Tested with
<Directory>paths quoted and unquoted, e.g.,
- Tested with and without all
- Have copied letsencrypt-auto to a separate directory and attempted to run
letsencrypt-auto renewthere; same result
- Tried manually renewing with
/opt/letsencrypt/certbot-auto renew; same result
- Could be (?) related to the lenses in Augeas (currently v1.4) based on this: https://github.com/certbot/certbot/issues/1202
- Considered updating Augeas to the most recent version by adding the repository
ppa:raphink/augeasfrom Raphael Pinson (https://launchpad.net/~raphink/+archive/ubuntu/augeas) but unsure what else that update might affect…
- Server: Ubuntu 16.04, Apache 2.4, PHP 7 (all up to date)
- LetsEncrypt originally installed through Git in May 2016
- Certificates were renewing normally via cron job and/or manually through August 12, 2016
- Attempting to update LetsEncrypt through
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge: certbot-auto letsencrypt-auto / Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Seems like the current version (auto updated?) is newer than Git knows about.
Thanks in advance for any help!