Cant renew certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: tc.synergi-fx.com

I ran this command: windows gui - renew certificate with DNS-1

It produced this output: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up TXT for _acme-challenge.tc.synergi-fx.com

My web server is (include version): iis 6

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): windows server 2016

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: bluehost

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): n/a

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):yes : CTW 4.1.6.0

Hi,

Did you follow the instruction on CTW docs and setup your DNS API credentials correctly?

Did CTW report any errors before / during / after the validation asking you to setup TXT record or anything similiar?

CTW Documentation: https://docs.certifytheweb.com/docs/dns-validation.html

Thank you

1 Like

My provider isn’t listed in the APIs so I have to do it manually. I update the records as it asks. Wait a day then get the error.

Hi @damian.moore

the best way to debug it:

Create the same (or a similar entry) TXT record again, then update this topic.

So we can check if the entry has the correct format.

Thanks. I was just trying again. I set a new record.

_acme-challenge.tc.synergi-fx.com with the value:
LGbAQTda7ReZaFFpiiriodfOFtUqNtFb4A2F0042Fgc

There is something wrong. No result is visible ( https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=tc.synergi-fx.com ):

Compare it with

Where did you create these entries?

This is one of your name servers:

tc.synergi-fx.com
	•  ns21.domaincontrol.com / p05
Scottsdale/Arizona/United States (US)	•

• 
	2603:5:2141::b
Scottsdale/Arizona/United States (US)	•

There you have to create the value.

1 Like

I’m not seeing the TXT record in the correct location either.

$ for i in "_acme-challenge.tc.synergi-fx.com" "_acme-challenge.synergi-fx.com" "tc.synergi-fx.com" "synergi-fx.com"; do echo -n "${i} - "; dig TXT ${i} +short; echo; done
_acme-challenge.tc.synergi-fx.com - 
_acme-challenge.synergi-fx.com - 
tc.synergi-fx.com - 
synergi-fx.com - "9va21nbp1nqavnchql7bck829m"
2 Likes

Thanks. That site is very useful.

I added the record on my DNS host - bluehost in the TXT section

Those DNS server look odd - should be:

1 Like

Your official NS server is from GoDaddy, which is why I said you could (possibly) use the DNS API feature from CTW.

Thank you

2 Likes

Yes apparently someone moved the DNS from bluehost to godaddy and didn’t inform me - thanks for your help

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.