Can't renew certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: laisvaskodas.lt

I ran this command:
sudo certbot --apache -d laisvaskodas.lt -d www.laisvaskodas.lt

It produced this output:
root@laisvaskodas:/home/gintautas# sudo certbot --apache -d laisvaskodas.lt -d

www.laisvaskodas.lt
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Requesting a certificate for laisvaskodas.lt and www.laisvaskodas.lt

Certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: apache). The Certificate Authority reported these problems:
Domain: laisvaskodas.lt
Type: unauthorized
Detail: Invalid response from http://laisvaskodas.lt/.well-known/acme-challenge/CoPEcA3YwbaFHWz6p2vAW7dvgSJCYSd3yqNLVEY5_2w [188.69.232.241]: "\n\n404 Not Found\n\n

Not Found

\n<p"

Hint: The Certificate Authority failed to verify the temporary Apache configuration changes made by Certbot. Ensure that the listed domains point to this Apache server and that it is accessible from the internet.

Some challenges have failed.
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.

My web server is (include version):
debian 10.9 (x86-64)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
debian 10.9 (x86-64)

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
my self

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):
certbot 1.16.0

Hello @gintautas,

Would you please be able to share the output of:

sudo apachectl -t -D DUMP_VHOSTS

Yes, sure:

root@laisvaskodas:/home/gintautas# sudo apachectl -t -D DUMP_VHOSTS
VirtualHost configuration:
*:443 is a NameVirtualHost
default server afotoexpress.lt (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/afotoexpress.lt-le-ssl.conf:2)
port 443 namevhost afotoexpress.lt (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/afotoexpress.lt-le-ssl.conf:2)
port 443 namevhost dovanos.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/dovanos.com-le-ssl.conf:2)
alias www.dovanos.com
port 443 namevhost juodakate.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/juodakate.com-le-ssl.conf:2)
alias www.juodakate.com
port 443 namevhost orintishka.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/orintishka.com-le-ssl.conf:2)
alias www.orintishka.com
*:80 is a NameVirtualHost
default server laisvaskodas.lt (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf:1)
port 80 namevhost laisvaskodas.lt (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf:1)
port 80 namevhost afotoexpress.lt (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/afotoexpress.lt.conf:1)
port 80 namevhost dovanos.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/dovanos.com.conf:1)
alias www.dovanos.com
port 80 namevhost juodakate.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/juodakate.com.conf:1)
alias www.juodakate.com
port 80 namevhost laisvaskodas.lt (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/laisvaskodas.lt.conf:1)
alias www.laisvaskodas.lt
port 80 namevhost orintishka.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/orintishka.com.conf:1)
alias www.orintishka.com
*:9000 laisvaskodas.lt (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/phpmyadmin.conf:1

There is an name overlap/conflict in these two file:

A specific domain name and port combination should only appear once in the config.

Dear @rg305,
Thank you very much for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.