Cant Access SSH after install SSL

I cant access my server via ssh after i installing lets encrypt ssl by following step in this article: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-secure-nginx-with-let-s-encrypt-on-ubuntu-16-04

SSH or SSL?

Installing an ACME client and setting up a certificate shouldn’t possibly be able to break SSH, unless your SSH server is using port 443.

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

Im using this ssh command:
ssh <user_name>@<server_ip>

and the return give connection timeout. its really strange because its never happen before I install the ssl certificate using the step in article above.

Can you log in via the web console? (assuming you’re actually using Digital Ocean as opposed to just following their tutorial)

That article mentions:

• sudo ufw allow …
  • sudo ufw delete allow …

Perhaps you had a TYPO and deleted the allowed SSH access.

1 Like

actually even using digitalocean web console its returning timeout, im trying reach their support team too, hope that they could find out whats wrong with my configuration because I do actually the same as the article explain

Maybe the UFW deleted all the allows.
[blocking everyone from everything]

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.