Cannot create a working binary with pyinstaller

I apparently could successfully have a working certbot in a python virtual environment using pip.
Could anybody get a working binary using pyinstaller?

I'm still stuck a the issue I report below, upon launching the binary executable.

An unexpected error occurred:
KeyError: 'manual'

Any clue?

Thanks in advance!

Andrea

1 Like

Hi @AppLEaDaY, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

I don't have any help on that...
But have you tried using any other ACME client?

9 Likes

I tried acme.sh and after a while I gave up because I couldn't understand how to use it and I was impatient. Then I tried getssl, though I could get nothing but staging certificates. Along the way I came across CertSage ACME Client that somehow eases the operation of getting a certificate that expires in three months. The bottom line, though, is I don't know if in such en environment I will be able to set up a fully automated renewal, this is because the operation of installing a certificates seems depending on some action to be performed manually with cpanel. Will I ever be able to automatically get a fresh certificate with an acme client launched via crontab that places the new certificate right where the expiring one seen by cpanel is?

Thanks!

Andrea

1 Like

Look to see if you have "AutoSSL" as an option in your CPANEL modules, or "LetsEncrypt SSL" under the Security options. Not all CPANEL installations ship with them, and those that do might not have them enabled. Those plugins/modules can simplify things for you.

8 Likes

I already knew cpanel in some cases can help with Let's Encript, though I inspected the cpanel I have available and found nothing related to using free certificates. I'm afraid I may get no support there for that, since there certificates are for sale. I wonder how apache web server is involved when I install a certificates with cpanel. I suppose the installation of a certificates yelds an extra configuration telling where the files for the certificate are. Would replacing the previous files with newer ones with the same names be enough to automate the change?

Thanks!

Andrea

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.