Can I reset my rate limit?

Hi I use linuxserver/letsencrypt dokcer and unfortunatelly I am not volume the config folder so whenever I down and up the image it will create new key, and now I reach rate limit from lets encrypt can you reset the ratelimit or help me find my certificate

My domain is: http://berbagibantuan.kawalcovid19.id/

If you’ve hit a rate limit, we don’t have a way to temporarily reset it. You’ll need to wait until the rate limit expires after a week

If the config folder was not in a volume, then the certificate private keys are gone forever. You won’t be able to recover them.

If you want, you can issue a certificate with 2 different names. This will avoid the rate limit for “5 Duplicate Certificates per week”.

what do you mean issue certificate with 2 different names?

5 duplicate certificates for berbagibantuan.kawalcovid19.id were issued; you can avoid the rate limit by setting up a second (sub)domain and adding it to the certificate. For example, temporary-subdomain.kawalcovid19.id. That way, it won’t be a duplicate.

You also have to be able to validate the new subdomain, just like your original one. So, for example, if you’re using HTTP validation, you should put an A record in your DNS with the right IP address, and you might need to configure a basic virtual host in your web server (even if it just returns an empty page).

1 Like

okey so if I use temp subdomain and then I put it again for my primary domain is it possible?

I am not certain what you’re asking.

Get one certificate with both subdomains.

You said that I can create temporary subdomain right, is it possible to use that certificate in non temporary domain?

A certificate can match multiple domains or subdomains.

You would have to get a certificate that includes both names.

If it only included the temporary subdomain, it would not work for the other one.

oh okaay will try to do that

But please, first set up a persistant volume for the Let’s Encrypt directory if you haven’t done so already.

1 Like

Yes will do because I’m new in using that image

2 Likes

Thanks @Osiris Now my website are live with ssl :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.