Can i change the public Ip and the domain of the server has certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

Hi @salam.ali

Can i change the public Ip and the domain of the server has certificate

the certificate has a domain name, no ip-address.

So you can change the ip-address of your server without affecting your certificate.

The certificate confirms, that you control the domain.

So if you want a new domain, you have to create a new certificate.

But you can also have one certificate with a lot of names. So you can use one certificate with example.com, example.org, blog.example.com, yourcompany.biz, www.yourcompany.biz, customers.yourcompany.biz

hi JuergenAuer

thank you very much for your support .

so i can transfer the domain to another server and already the certificate will be in new server .

Sorry for the many questions because it’s first time to use ssl certificate

If you can copy your installation complete, yes. That should work.

Your actions depends on your operating system. You may have two files, one with the private key of the certificate, one with the public key and the intermediate certificate. Or (Windows) one pfx - file.

These files are needed, so you can use the same certificate with different servers.

But if you use Letsencrypt and your certificate is already 50 or 60 days old, you can also create a new certificate (and forget the old).

After you copy the certificate files and configure the new server to use them, it will work. The certificate doesn’t automatically apply to servers on which it hasn’t been installed, but it does work if you copy the files over and tell the new server to use them.

One important thing to consider in this case is that the software you used to obtain the certificate might only be on the original server. Let’s Encrypt certificates expire every 90 days and have to be replaced. You should make a plan for this. Normally, this would be done by running Let’s Encrypt client software on the server that’s using the certificate; the client software can be configured to renew the certificate automatically when it’s close to expiry.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.