Browser warning after cert installation

When I visit https://whmcs.topline.cloud I get a browser warning.
Thanks.

My domain is: whmcs.topline.cloud

I ran this command: ./certbot-auto certificates

It produced this output: Found the following certs: Certificate Name: whmcs.topline.cloud Domains: whmcs.topline.cloud Expiry Date: 2018-06-17 19:52:37+00:00 (VALID: 89 days) Certificate Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/whmcs.topline.cloud/fullchain.pem Private Key Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/whmcs.topline.cloud/privkey.pem

My web server is (include version): apache

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): centos7

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Linode

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): cPanel

You haven’t installed the certificate to the cPanel account.

Thanks, Don’t understand what you mean, could you explain a bit more?

Certbot doesn’t know how to handle cPanel, and cPanel doesn’t know how to handle Certbot.

Now that you’ve successfully issued a certificate, you need to login to your cPanel account and install the certificate using the SSL/TLS Manager, or use the cPanel/WHM APIs or command line tools to install the certificate to the account.

Once the certificate is deployed to cPanel, it will re-generate the Apache configuration to use it.

Here’s an example of using the cPanel UAPI CLI to deploy a certificate to an account:

2 Likes

Thanks very much for the explanation.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.