Broken Intermediate Certificate Link

I changed from Lets Encrypt cert to an OV cert.
Then about a year later I changed back.
Somewhere the intermediate cert link became unusable.
I want to fix this. But not sure what steps to take.
Any suggestions?

Had you posted in the Help category you would have been shown the form below. Please answer as much as you can. Thanks

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. |, so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):


Don't hardcode intermediates.
[don't hardcode anything related to certs]


And to those that this may apply:
Don't use ACME clients that hardcode intermediates.


I guess you may have explicitly configured an intermediate cert bundle when you changed to another CA before (e.g. SSLCertificateChainFile in apache). Remove this setting if this is set.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.